400m Training Through The Season

Moderator: George Payan

tarik529

Post by tarik529 »

My question is about the 400m training program by John Smith published in the forum. There is just one sample week for two months of training.

How can I make a complete season training (week by week) from the sample program, and can you give me the intensity of the workouts with example percentages of best times that I must accomplish in each training? I hope that you will show me how can I repeat the sample week for two months.

Tarik
George Payan

Post by George Payan »

Follow the same format for each one of the phases that was recommended week after week until the phase changes.

When you follow a sample workout, build up to it gradually. Start from low reps to the sample reps. Do not work the sample workout from the beginning. Work up to the sample workout. It could take several weeks to work up to the sample workout, and then repeat it for several weeks.

Also, do not start with the sample intensity. Work up to the sample intensity. When John Smith trains his athletes, they develop to world class athletes. The intensities and times are those of his elite sprinters so you can't start there.

Coach Payan
www.CoachesEducation.com