100, 200 or 400 Meters?

Moderator: George Payan

Willie

100, 200 or 400 Meters?

Post by Willie »

I am a young sprinter and my time for the 100 meters is 13.6.
Is this a good time for a beginner? I began running just two months ago.
I have been told that I should run the 400m because I will be growing taller. Do you recommend the 100, 200 or the 400 meters?
George Payan

100, 200 or 400 Meters?

Post by George Payan »

If you are a sprinter, be the sprinter that you think you are and stick to it. Do what you believe in and not what others think you should do.

If you want to be a sprinter, especially a 100m sprinter, you will be one of the hardest working athletes on the track. There is a lot of training involved because it is the shortest distance and the fastest. Being the fastest sprinter in your community does not make you the fastest sprinter because the community next to you will have someone faster. You cannot be satisfied to be the fastest sprinter in your school. You will have to work hard to be the fastest sprinter everywhere you go.

Work on the event that you think you want to sprint and give it 100% concentration. Throughout the season the coach will vary your events so that by the end of the season, with the coaches assistance, you will know your event. Don't let anyone else interfere with the person who is training you on technique and racing. Only listen to your coach.

When you become successful, everyone becomes the expert even though they have never set foot on a track and have no idea what is involved to put a training program together. This includes strangers, friends and family. The only advice you should listen to is from the person who is training you. It is your responsibility to learn as much as you can about your event.

Coach Payan
www.CoachesEducation.com