About The Weight Training

Moderator: George Payan

tarik529

About The Weight Training

Post by tarik529 »

Coach,

My question is about your Strength Training Workouts in the Coaching section of the web site.

I want to know how I can apply the program by doing 3 sessions per week. I have time constraints. Which day should I eliminate - 1, 2, 3, or 4? How should I space the sessions in the week?

I do not understand when I should do the abdominal exercises. Is it 2 sets after each exercise or 2 sets per day? What is the duration of a cycle? If it is one week, is 18 weeks weight training enough to be in good shape for competition and when should I start the weight training?

Thanks, Coach,
Tarik
George Payan

Weight Training Workout

Post by George Payan »

Tarik:

Do three sessions per week and do the fourth workout as your first session the following week. Do not eliminate a day in the four day cycle. If you can do four sessions in a week, then do so. If you can only do two sessions in a week, then do two sessions and begin with the third day the following week.

The objective of the first two sessions is endurance. The third session is strength and the fourth is power. You do not want to eliminate any of these sessions.

Try not to take more than two days off between sessions. The abdominal exercises should be done between exercises. Finish the sets with one exercise, do abdominal exercises and then go to the next exercise. The abdominal exercises are done after each exercise.

If you cannot do four sessions in one week, you will not complete the program in 18 weeks and it will take longer. You don't have to fit a four day cycle into a week. Be flexible.

Change your routine to do different exercises for each body part after the third cycle. After 18 weeks you will know which exercises are beneficial to you. At the end of the 18 week program, start over again with cycle number one.

The workouts in the web site are guidelines and are not carved in stone. Balancing all the activities of training can be a challenge.

Coach Payan
www.CoachesEducation.com