Football Weight Program

Moderator: George Payan

oso76

Football Weight Program

Post by oso76 »

I am a new Head Football coach and I need some guidance on designing a strength and conditioning program for off-season and in-season conditioning. How should I go about learning? I've designed one lifting program for my shot/discus throwers but it is copied from the article by Bill Pendleton. Thank you.

Football Program

Post by Guest »

Dusan Ancich was a student in my college class. I recognized the last name and asked Dusan if his father was the legend football coach at St. Paul High School in Santa Fe Springs, CA. It was his father and he is still coaching at St. Paul.

Dusan is now the Head Football Coach at Cerritos High School in Cerritos, CA. Click on the article attached below for the "Year Round Football Schedule" by Dusan Ancich.

Tony Ciarelli of Huntington Beach High School, Huntington Beach, CA will be submiting his "Strength Training Program for Football Players" in the near future. Tony is the guru of strength and conditioning and a speaker throughout the United States. Look for this article in the Strength and Conditioning Forum of the web site.

Coach Payan
www.CoachesEducation.com
Attachments
year round football schedule by dusan ancich.doc
(29.5 KiB) Downloaded 2224 times
oso76

Post by oso76 »

Thanks for the information. Do you have any suggestions on periodization or the development of the cycles that I should employ? Are the "Nebraska Circuits" available to anyone or do I have to purchase them from somewhere? Thanks for taking your time to help me and my program.
George Payan

Strength Training Program

Post by George Payan »

In the PowerPoint Presentations Forum refer to the presentation on "Programming Your Strength Training for Success" by Tony Ciarelli.

Tony coaches football and after football season he coaches throwers, some of which are football players, and applies the principles in this presentation. Tony's athletes are strong and powerful and they compete at State level year after year as a result of this progam.

We are developing a newsletter that will address strength and power in every issue. This newsletter will be announced this month on the web site.

Coach Payan
www.CoachesEducation.com