Getting Faster for 800

Moderator: George Payan

Lilyoungster

Getting Faster for 800

Post by Lilyoungster »

I am an 800 meter runner and 4x400 runner and I am running somewhere around 2:17 or 15. I want to be 2 minutes flat by district in 4-5 weeks. Should I concentrate mainly on speed or distance (endurance) or both?

My workout on Monday and Wednesday is speedwork, Tuesday and Thursday is endurance, Friday is mainly meets, and Saturday and Sunday are optional. I know the hamstrings are most important for running. Should I use weight training for my legs? If so, is there any good weight training program for middle distance? My endurance is a little low, I can run a steady 30 minutes and speed is allright. Both can use some improving. Thanks for any help.

800m Training

Post by Guest »

In the Track & Field Forum there are two topics for 800m training. Follow the topic "800m Training" that I recommended for Matt. You both have the same goals. It seems you need to improve on endurance. An endurance program and all the information you need is in this topic.

Coach Payan
www.CoachesEducation.com
Perry

Post by Perry »

I'm a 15 year old 1500m runner and I concentrate more on endurance than speed, I do roughly about 30 mile a week (not including rep sessions) and I am aiming to do about 1:58 this season for the 800m. As coach Payan said I would concentrate on your mileage more than your speed :D