Any juice left in these legs?

Moderator: George Payan

Jubei

Any juice left in these legs?

Post by Jubei »

I am 25 years of age, in the military and am thinking about attending the local college so that I can participate in track and field once more.

As a high school sprinter from a small 2A school, the training that I received was vague; for example, EVERYONE had the same workout. No one was ever trained specifically for the event that he was to compete in. This came about in my senior year after the head football coach took over the track team. I ran the 100m with a personal best around 10.9, the 200m with a time around the high 22 seconds mark, the 4x100 and 4x400 and sometimes the 400m with a best of around 51 seconds.

It has been almost 8 years since training and competing. At the time I was 5'8", 160 lbs., medium build. Now I weigh 175 lbs. I have a goal to establish myself as a sprinter worthy enough to attend college. I am stronger in the upper body than in high school. While bench pressing only 235 lbs., I have increased to nearly 300 lbs. I would like to be below 10.7 in the 100m and high 21's in the 200m.

I am running and dieting and taking 100% whey protein and glucosamine tablets. I am desperately seek advice. Next week I break off from running 3-4 miles daily to 1 1/2 miles for a warm up before weight training. I have until next summer to meet my goals and I know this requires a lot of self discipline without a coach or training partner. What advice can you give me? Also, are there other useful track and field forums?