Welcome To Coaches Education

In God We Trust

Email

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:24 pm 
im a junior at shoemaker high weighing at 100 lbs and 5'3 in, i just got finish running cross country and im about to start off season track, how should i prepare my body for the 400 m? and ALSO i start off with my right :cry: foot instead of my left ( and im right handed) when i come out of the blocks, is there anyway i can fix that, it feels more comfortable with my right then my left.

thank you,
LaTrice :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:06 pm 

for a while u should just concentrate on base work like a 1/2 mile warm-up followed by some sprint drills and finish it off with a easy 10 min run then as the season gets closer add in some speed work like a 100m 200m 300m 400m 300m 200m 100m pyramid one day and 2000 meters worth of 200m usually 2 sets of 5 200m you can alter your rest time between any rep depending on wearher you want to work on speed or endurance short rest for endurance long rest for speed. as for your block situation as long as your not faster off your left then it doesn't really matter a lot of great runners(micheal johnson) have a different form but if it works for you and gets you moving the fastest that you can then there is no reason to change it. good luck