Please Help!!!! 400 meter training

Moderator: George Payan

Please Help!!!! 400 meter training

Post by Guest »

Let me start off by saying that this is a great site. I find the information presented here to be very helpful in all aspects of track and field. Now I'll get to the question. This is my first season of indoor track (played basketball the years before) and im interested in particpating in the 4X400 meter relay. I have played outdoor track this past spring and was in the B relay (younger and slower kids than the A team) and ran a 58. I really wasn't in that good shape to do this race but coach needed another man and he let me give it a try. I was typically used to running the 100 and sometimes the 200. I also triple and long jumped. Im currently a sophmore in Highschool. I need with your help a better workout program for practicing the 400. I'm in decent shape along with the rest of the runners. I came up with this workout plan to help me better my endourance.
Monday-Friday Light jog then stretch. Run 3-4 400's and take a rest. Then 2-3 200's and take a rest. And finally 3-5 100's. After this I do a 1 mile cool down lap.
Any suggestions on this? Any other ways to better this? Resposnes and suggestions greatly appreciated.
George Payan

Post by George Payan »