Help with the first 40 meters = STARTS

Moderator: George Payan

sprintntiger

Help with the first 40 meters = STARTS

Post by sprintntiger »

I am a college sprinter, and would like some advise with my 100 meter race. I am capable of running a 10.6 100 meter dash, but have the hardest time starting out of the blocks. I am a taller sprinter 6'1'', at 185 pounds. I know I have a very good top end speed. I run a flying 100 time in under 10 seconds, it's only when I start in the blocks I come out a step or two behind everybody else. If only I could start even with everybody, I wouldn't be exhausting myself trying to catch up the first half of the race. My question, is there any drills/lifts that will work on my explosiveness out of the blocks? Also, not only physically, but my focus isn't there when I'm starting, I loose the start before I even get in the blocks. I feel as though I am sluggish out of the blocks, not explosive. I know if I were to put it all together, I could achieve a very nice time. I appreciate any help and advice.
Thanks!
George Payan

Post by George Payan »

Following is an example of skills exercises for December-January:
Mach drills, drive from rolling start, drive with harness, alternte leg bounds from rolling start, jump start and stick drill.

Read this link:
http://www.coacheseducation.com/coachin ... apr_01.htm