Welcome To Coaches Education

In God We Trust

Email

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:36 am 
Hello everyone,
I'm perry, 15, from Luton / England and this season I'm currently running at National level. Last season as a Junior Boy i was running at international level and represented England at the home nation's meet between England,Scotland,Wales and Ireland. Since then I have noticed that my training from last season to this season hasn't changed all that much. I train with a great training group that consists of about 10 runners ranging from 12-18 year old girls and boys. The only problem I'm having is that my coach doesn't sit down with me before the start of the season and discusses my year plan of training etc. Our training group is going to Portugal at the start of April for a week to do warm weather training to get us ready going into the track season. I'm guna have a word with with my coach and tell him what i want as an athlete and what my goals are + tell him that I'm committed to the sport and determined towards my goals.

The cross country season has just ended and its really hit me hard that I'm lagging behind the rest of my rivals. I'm going into the Track and field Season as a bottom year Under-17 boy and i really want to hit my goals and peek at the right time.
Last season my Pb's were:
400m - 54.56
800m - 2.05.32
1500m - 4.11.34

My realistic targets this season are:
400m - 53.00
800m - 1.58.00
1500m - 4.01.00
3000m - 8.55.00

I'm sure before the season starts (Beginning of May) I would have sorted my first season plan with my coach. I'm just curious what would you Athletes/coaches set for a athlete like me. I want to Peak End of July.. Could anyone give me and advice/tips training Programs or anything??

Regards,
Perry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:40 pm 
Im ok now sorted everything out, i posted this when i was rather annoyed with my running and how everything was going on lol, thanks anywayz