Welcome To Coaches Education

In God We Trust

Email

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: tendon-achillis-trouble
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:37 am 

I am a master runner and since a couple of weeks I have pain on my right Achilles. I take a few days off now and replace them by biking and some light walking. Light stretching in the morning.
I feel almost no pain no more after one week,
Is there a massage or manual therapy test where I can know that the worst is over and that I can start again easy?

Post subject: achillistrouble
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:22 am 

We are now in July and lucky my troubles are over on the Achilles.
For people who likes homeopathic, i took arnika K30, bryonia K30, Ruta K30, everyday massage the er ea. In the first weeks, walking and some bycing, the second week just endurance running on grass. Bought new asics with better soles :lol: and this is my second week that i can do speed training again for my 400/800/1500.
But the most training is done on grass now. I like running barefoot and doing some drills to improve my ankles, walking on heels, toes, side, inner side. So far so good, now i hope the pick-up again some results.
My goal is 40.8 for 300m / -57 on 400m and around 2.10-2.15 on 800m a -5' on 1500m and - 10' on a 3 K. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:02 pm 

A strong running base lays the foundation for success. Begin base training with no quality speed workouts. If you must during base building you can maintain by running fartlek, tempo runs and some hillwork. I recommend two to three months of high mileage as much as your body can tolerate. If you don't have eight to twelve weeks. Take a good six to eight weeks to build a solid base.